Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Medway Handyman[_2_] The Medway Handyman[_2_] is offline

Default Who pays?

Fredxx wrote:
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
Been having an intermittent problem with my boiler. Although self
installed, Viessmann have been very helpful and looked at it under
warranty. The engineer reckoned it was a software funny - as he'd
seen it before on other boilers but not all of this type. It shows a
sensor as being at fault, but a reset gets it going again. Usually
happens first thing when it changes over from heating the water to
the house. This was last Monday - and he apologised for not having
the correct parts with him but would call again when he had. Which
was this morning - he phoned at about 11.00.
Explained to him I usually had to go out between 11.30 and 12.30 due
to resident's only parking then - I have two cars but only one pass.
But thought I had a vistor's pass so it would be ok. If I hadn't I
would sit in my car with the bonnet up 'till he was finished. But
did find that single visitors pass I had left. Never even thought
about him... And of course he got a ticket. It never even occurred to me.
Would he have to pay for that himself? I'm feeling so guilty about
it as he was such a nice bloke.

One thing to bear in mind, he should be able to put the parking fine
as an expense, so will get the tax back on it. He may therefore
appreciate a cash contribution.

If he is self employed he might - but I'm not too sure. If emplyed it comes
out of his wages.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk