Default Table Saws at Costco or Sam's Club???

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 04:54:08 -0800, nickelpar wrote:

After doing some initial research in this group and elsewhere, I'm
convinced I would be sorry if I spend only $200 or $300 on my first
table saw. I'm new to woodworking, but don't want to make a table saw
repurchase after 2 or 3 years (if) when my skills advance.

I've seen some posts that mention some midrange deltas and jets in
stock at Costco over the past year or two. I called my local Costoc
yesterday and they told me they had a Dewalt in stock for $459, but
could not tell me the model - not sure if it is the wookworking or
portable model. I wasn't initally planning on a $500 budget, but if I
can get a great price on a better saw, I'm there.

Can anyone tell me which models and prices they've seen at the
warehouse clubs recently? I'm in the Midwest if that matters.

Buy the best you can afford. Period. You have already stated you are new
to woodworking. Buy the best now and enjoy your new found hobby. Buy
inferior goods and tools and soon your hobby will become ho-hum and fizzle.

Good tools are a delight to use.