Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Who pays?

In article ,
Yellow wrote:
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
Been having an intermittent problem with my boiler. Although self
installed, Viessmann have been very helpful and looked at it under
warranty. The engineer reckoned it was a software funny - as he'd seen
it before on other boilers but not all of this type. It shows a sensor
as being at fault, but a reset gets it going again. Usually happens
first thing when it changes over from heating the water to the house.
This was last Monday - and he apologised for not having the correct
parts with him but would call again when he had. Which was this
morning - he phoned at about 11.00. Explained to him I usually had to
go out between 11.30 and 12.30 due to resident's only parking then - I
have two cars but only one pass. But thought I had a vistor's pass so
it would be ok. If I hadn't I would sit in my car with the bonnet up
'till he was finished. But did find that single visitors pass I had
left. Never even thought about him...

And of course he got a ticket. It never even occurred to me. Would he
have to pay for that himself? I'm feeling so guilty about it as he was
such a nice bloke.

What kind of money are you talking?

I'd imagine 20-25 quid or so. About 70 if you don't pay it quite promptly.
It really is a pain as there isn't and never has been a problem with
parking here during the day. It's too far from a station for commuters to
want to use - about 10 mins to the tube. There really should be some form
of waiver for genuine tradesmen just doing their job.

--
*Cleaned by Stevie Wonder, checked by David Blunkett*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.