Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Who pays?

On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 11:53:39 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

And of course he got a ticket. It never even occurred to me.
Would he have to pay for that himself? I'm feeling so guilty about it as
he was such a nice bloke.

I went round to a mates (to help him) on a weekday (normally only go
round there weekends) and got a ticket, restricted parking from
12:00-13:00 weekdays.

*He* asked me to go round to help, he 'forgot' to mention the
restriction (and I didn't think to look of course) but he kindly
offered to pay the (£25) fine. ;-) [1]

I was ready to pay it myself, I was the driver after all.

Cheers, T i m

[1] I would have been happy to have gone halves with him but he
insisted based on the fact that I'd saved him a 'good few quid' by
helping him in the first place (which was nice).