Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
Wild_Bill Wild_Bill is offline

Default Is this an ink flow sensor? (Ink Jet printer)

The pics don't show what's mounted to the side of the PCB that the hose
fittings are on. I realize that the separate parts weren't meant to be
separated.

Can you see a component on the end of the board, at the opposite end from
the wiring connector?

It looks as though there are components mounted on that side, marked as
positions 1 thru 6.

If those 6 pairs of solder pads are connected to 6 devices/components inside
the hose connectors, I wouldn't even have a WAG what they might be.

It looks a lot like MNOS more needlessly overcomplicated *crap* designed
into almost everything being made nowadays.

--
Cheers,
WB

"DaveC" wrote in message
I'm trying to troubleshoot an error with an HP ink jet printer (Photosmart
3210) that says "Ink System Failure". All other components seem
functional.

In the printer there is a small PCB with a few soldered components that
appear to sense ink flow or pressure. It is in series with the pump
output.

http://i48.tinypic.com/o8xz84.jpg

http://i49.tinypic.com/r76kib.jpg

How does this work? Are these 6 LEDs and photodiodes? Just detecting the
presence of ink doesn't seem likely. Wouldn't movement or pressure be what
is
detected?

What does this PCB do and how does it do it?

Thanks.