Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
Hammy[_2_] Hammy[_2_] is offline

Default Is this an ink flow sensor? (Ink Jet printer)

On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 09:15:27 -0500, "John Gilmer"
wrote:

Were I not so lazy I would run experiments in which I would, for example,
switch "id chips" between a black cartridge and a color cartridge. Or
re-install the driver software to see whether the memory of the old
cartridges has been extinguished.

You can reset the memory on some cartridges.

http://www.misterinkjet.com/hpreset.htm

You tube video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVR2dHebmTI

Google reset memory for your model and you can probably find specific
instructions.