Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ned Simmons Ned Simmons is offline

Default Rotometals

On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 04:38:35 +0000 (UTC), Przemek Klosowski
wrote:

On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 21:15:59 -0500, Ed Huntress wrote:

I doubt if there is a working Linotype machine in most states in the
country. I don't know of a single magazine that uses it for anything;
the last newspaper I knew of that used it was over 20 years ago.

There's one in the Baltimore Museum of Industry (geez, R.C.M content).
A retired guy who demonstrates it worked on it in a newspaper, and told
me that they replaced them in the 70s.

There's another in a Portland ME art press run by a guy named David
Wolfe. My daughter works for him occasionally in return for access to
his shop for her own projects.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZimWIe8sLA

--
Ned Simmons