Silvan

Default Is Usnet Dying?

Larry Jaques wrote:

Very hard to choose, but probably a tie between "Obscured
by Clouds" and "Dark Side of the Moon".

I like DSotM a good bit too, but it just doesn't do quite as much for me as
some of their other albums. Probably because I never have learned to love
"the Great Gag in the Sky" (That's a joke, Larry... Gag, as in horking,
ralphing, spewing... I hate that song. Which probably means you think
it's the best part of the whole album.

Favorite songs: Free Four, Childhood's End, Fearless,
Wish You Were Here, Several Species of Small Furry Animals
Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving With a Pict, Time,
Breathe, Shine On You Crazy Diamond, (their early stuff)

Add "Julia Dream" and "That Fat Old Sun" to that list.

I like "The Wall" but not as much as most people do, and anything after that
is crap.

Of course, I liked Zappa and King Crimson, too.

Titties and beer... What was that, "Baby Snakes?"

Barfing Pumpkin Records I think... Wow, it's been a long time. I'm not a
Zappa fan, but my best friend growing up adored him.

I guess I'd have to say mine is "Wish You Were Here," but it's not out
front by much.

EXCELLENT song.

One of the few "real" songs I can play on the guitar too. I seldom try to
play other people's music, so most people think I "can't play anything"
until I break that one out.

SWMBO's bedtime song too. I've been playing that every night for her for
years now.

Actually, there were two or three good disco songs.

No comment. gag, kaff, choke

Well, come on, I grew up listening to the BeeGees. Mom was a big fan. Some
of it rubbed off.

good country song. Rap/hip hop is the musical equivalent of bird cage
lining.

Ah, you betcha.

"Ka ka kaoum ba, wheeeee-eeeee.", brother.

I thought it was just "ba BUZZ BUZZ thump BUZZ thump mothaFUKKA" repeated
for ad nauseam, with brief bits of sampled James Brown stuck in for
variety.

(Now, James Brown makes me want to say it loud that I'm black and I'm proud
and get up offa that thang and I feel good. James Brown rocks, ba ba ba ba
bum, yeah. It's not because I'm a white guy that I don't like rap.)

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/