Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B[_3_] Steve B[_3_] is offline

Default Is this a metalworking forum or a political forum???

"Bruce L. Bergman" wrote in message
On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 11:12:27 -0800, Bruce L. Bergman
wrote:

Then fill up your Kill Filters with people you never see making any
useful positive and informative posts, and who insist on crossposting
to the Survivalist and Kooks groups, or into the Chevy and Ford groups
at the same time to start a flame war - view the headers and it's easy
to see who the real instigators are, they added the crossposts.

Oh, I forgot something VERY important. The First Rule of the Plonk
Club is, there IS NO Plonk Club.

If you kill filter someone DO NOT announce that you did it, just do it
and quietly move on. They don't exist anymore, "they're dead to you."
Even if they get quoted and seen, you don't see it.

(And fools who insist on quoting the troll just to serve as an
enabler, they get their own Ignore Sub-thread or kill filter too.)

Because if the troll knows they are getting under your skin and are
being actively ignored, they will try several tricks to bypass the
filtering and keep annoying you.

Problem being, now that they are annoying you again with a new nym,
they are also annoying everyone else anew who made the same decision
but did it quietly. And we *all* have to refresh our filtering. In
another newsgroup I have fifty-plus filters to kill off one person.

-- Bruce --

TY for a new slant I had not heard before.

Steve