Posted to uk.d-i-y
Onetap Onetap is offline

Default Scrap Copper prices

On 25 Jan, 12:59, "dennis@home" wrote:

Where's Tony Martin when you need
him?

Hopefully somewhere he can't get an illegal firearm.
There are enough criminals with illegal firearms without letting a con
have one.

Oh, you think he obtained a pump action shotgun to hunt rabbits, illegally.

He obtained an illegal firearm because he was in fear of his life and
property and because those who he (and we) had paid to protect him,
the police, the Gendarmes, the Men-of-Arms, had repeatedly failed
him.

What would you do if you had been in Bleak House, Dennis? There were
two options, sell up and move out or fight. And you cannot fight a mob
of pikies single-handed with a 3 x 2.

But you're not in Bleak House and you are incapable of envisaging the
besieged mentality of many people in rural communities when faced with
the incessant onslaught of itinerant, violent criminals, stealing
their vehicles, their tools, their fuel, their livelihoods. And you're
not a builder/ plumber who has had his van regularly turned over.

As Mr.Blair (not Tony) is wrongly quoted as saying, "We sleep safely
at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who
would harm us."
There are no rough men ready to dispense violence on our behalf
anymore. If you leave the dispensation of violence to untrained
amateurs like Tony Martin, they're liable to get it wrong.

Che Guevara preferred a double-barrelled shotgun over the pump-action
or self-loader because reloading is faster and a higher rate of fire
can be sustained.

It isn't racist to hate thieves; thievist, perhaps. The Irish loathe
them. I'm Irish.