Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Small but fun project.

On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 17:37:40 -0500, the infamous Robatoy
scrawled the following:

I have been playing with some concepts.
The client wanted an oriental look.
I put together a proposal in CAD which gave me my dims and costs.
I found some bamboo pictures and turned one into a bumpmap. I then
created a toolpath and milled some of the bumpmap into some cherry and
built this little vanity. With the quartz top and undermounted porcelain
bowl, it became a nice package. The interior decorator chose the tile
and wall paper/paint scheme.
I got to do the black wash and lacquer.
With some leftovers, I created the mirror.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...y/Proposal.jpg

Ah, the newest look: only 2 legs! (and it can use only 2!)

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...amboomodel.jpg

The lovely bones! (kinda weird, wot?)

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...atoy/Wong3.jpg
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...atoy/Wong2.jpg
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...atoy/Wong1.jpg

Now figure out how to make the bump map curved for the bamboo's nodes,
the knuckles.

Very creative, Toy.

I love that goldy-red countertop. Wild! Brand and color?

--
We either make ourselves happy or miserable.
The amount of work is the same.