Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Crosland Peter Crosland is offline

Default Torbeck valve - how does it work?

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
om...
Peter Crosland wrote:
"chris French" wrote in message
The Torbeck valve for one of the toilet cisterns seems to have
packed up - water only comes out through the bit where the float
arm attaches, not through the actual filler.

I've fiddled around with it a bit but it's still not working - I
think I'll just replace it rather than waste time anyway.

but how do the things actually work - it's not obvious from looking
at mine

Hard to describe but think pressure differentials. They are a real
pain in the proverbial. Replace it with another type.

Agreed - spawn of the devil. Agin nature. Bring back the good old ball
valve.

Second only to the Saniflo but at least the Torbeck is relatively clean!

Peter Crosland