Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Small but fun project.

On Jan 24, 11:05*am, wrote:
New guy here, still working on getting his dado joints to look tight..

Did I understand this properly?
{{I found some bamboo pictures and turned one into a bumpmap. I then
created a toolpath and milled some of the bumpmap into some cherry}}

You took a PICTURE of bamboo and got some CNC type machine to
mill another species so that it looks like the picture?

If you mean "did I use the picture of the bamboo as a basis for a
toolpath for my CNC?" you'd be correct.
If you go to Vectric's website and look at the Aspire feature set, you
will find it.
A toolpath could cut the image of Swingman's nose out of aluminum, if,
for some unknown reason, I decided I would want to. G