Posted to uk.d-i-y
Alan J. Wylie Alan J. Wylie is offline

Default Food safe plastic tubing?

On Sat, 23 Jan 2010 21:09:16 +0000, Simon C. . said:

Need to create a long drinking straw for a disabled friend, 3 feet or
so. He's currently using a tube from a piece of medical equipment, but
it's not designed for drinking thru, and has a strong plastic taste -
probably all sorts of nasty chemicals leeching into the water.

Its only for cold water, but needs to be flexible. A decent length
that we can snip 3ft pieces off would be ideal.

Anyone know of any sources? TIA.

At work we use silicone tubing a lot. It's inert and flexible. We
normally buy from http://www.sciglass.co.uk/, but a quick google
suggests that aquarium suppliers sell it too.

--
Alan J. Wylie http://www.wylie.me.uk/