Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Small but fun project.

On Jan 22, 6:24*pm, RicodJour wrote:
On Jan 22, 5:37*pm, Robatoy wrote:

I have been playing with some concepts.
The client wanted an oriental look.
I put together a proposal in CAD which gave me my dims and costs.
I found some bamboo pictures and turned one into a bumpmap. I then
created a toolpath and milled some of the bumpmap into some cherry and
built this little vanity. With the quartz top and undermounted porcelain
bowl, it became a nice package. The interior decorator chose the tile
and wall paper/paint scheme.
I got to do the black wash and lacquer.
With some leftovers, I created the mirror.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...l.jpghttp://i1...

The matched mirror with that bamboo is a nice touch. *I'm kind of
surprised they didn't opt for a matching bamboo back splash. *The tile
doesn't quite do it for me.

You know you're supposed to (yes, it's required by law that covers any
international exchange of information and vanity) say how much you
charged for your services. *It's not me - blame it on Homeland
Security. *Custom computer carving, interior decorator...I'm guessing
they had a budget.

I had to figure it out, hence the delay in answering your question re
cost.
The mirror was $ 350.00, the rest $ 1800.00 (Not including tap, paint/
paper/wallsponge and all that rot. That was the decorator's dept.)