Posted to alt.home.repair
Karen[_5_] Karen[_5_] is offline

Default OT The right thing to do

wrote

Is this a puppy or a fullgrown dog? A pup I would expect to chew. Sounds
like fullgrown if it tears shoes to shreds. If it tore her shoes, I
would expect that it does damage to the owners' belongings, too. Very
odd that they did not warn her. There are several choices, and you
probably have them in mind: Isolate the dog or put her belongings away
when there to avoid future damage. The thought that bothers me most is
whether if the dog damages the owners' belongings while your daughter is
there, will they hold her responsible. I think it would be a good idea
to give notice and depart from their employ. Since your daughter was
considerate enough to leave her shoes at the door, it is pretty trashy to
avoid responsibility for damage their dog does.

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

It's a full grown dog. My daughter has over 250 hrs of voluntary service at
the local veterinarians as part of her requirements, and is planning on
becoming a vet. She asked her questions about their pet, if she should know
anything about it, aside from letting it out. One of the family's pet has
diabetes, and she has to give it a shot. Another family's pet has seizures,
so she likes to familiarize herself with all aspects of the pets, along
with any children's special needs.

She will not be going back to this family. She pretty much was doing it
because of the strong referral. The family has tried to coax her back, but
refuses to acknowledge any responsibility on their part. They seem to
believe it's a one-way street, and try to make her feel obligated to them
for child care.