Posted to alt.home.repair
BobR BobR is offline

Default Global Warming My Frozen Butt!

On Jan 21, 5:00*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
dgk wrote:

It would be a shame if the threat of global warming was real.
Unfortunately the actions of those sounding the alarm have done more
to discredit it than those who don't believe in it.

Jimmie

I think it is real. I'm not sure what actions you're talking about,
the leaked emails? I've read them; I don't see anybody lying about
anything. I've had some of my emails misinterpreted by people who
don't understand the references and that is pretty obviously what
happened with those emails.

Hopefully we manage to keep our planet hospitable for human life but
if not,we'll have proven ourselves too self-centered to be worth
caring about.

It will be far, far cheaper and easier to adapt to the changes, if any, than
to try to mitigate them.- Hide quoted text -

There are reasonable and prudent actions that we should be taking to
lessen our impact on the environment. We all should be active in
taking what actions we can to further those reasonable and prudent
actions. Adapting to the changing climate is one of the most
reasonable and prudent actions we will all have to take.

There are also totally ignorant and excessively costly actions that
would do little to really make a positive impact on the environment
but would pad the pocketbooks of those who stand to gain substantially
from forced changes. Some of the stated goals of the current
administration and other world leaders would impose limits that would
return our standard of living to something in the 1800's based on our
current national and world populations. Even with such draconian
measures, the results would not be measurable based on what I have
seen published thus far. At the very best, they would only slow the
change.