Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default Rotometals

"Buerste" wrote:

Uhm, never mind.
I found several myself...

I understand, it's a gut reaction to doubt EVERYTHING I say. I make one of
my engineers write on a dedicated calendar every time we argue and who was
proven right. I'm ahead...by a LOT and yet, he still doubts me.

Being willing to argue one's point is not a bad thing. The guy that placidly goes with
what you say likely didn't really understand what you were telling him. I get nervous
when I get too quick agreement. Sometimes that is the prelude to blowing me off or
totally misinterpreting my instructions.

The arguer might not really understand you but in the exchange, there is going to be a
real hashing out of the matter at hand. At least you know he was thinking about the
subject at hand.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller