Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve Lusardi Steve Lusardi is offline

Default Rotometals

Look for Linotype, it makes brilliant bullets. Check with newspaper printers and ask them how they dispose of their waste, you
won't regret it. The bullets will typically cast about 8% lighter than pure lead. They can be used to 1800FPS without gas checks
and not cause barrel leading. If I remember correctly, lead is around 9 or 10 on the Brinnel scale and Linotype is about 28/29,
which is considerably harder. Linotype bullets are much better penetrators and do not deflect off window glass like lead bullets
do. Don't ask how I know that.
Steve

"Wes" wrote in message ...
One supplier that sells casting lead and alloys is Rotometals. They are in California.

Anyone know a source in Michigan, Indiana or Ohio that sells the same? I'm tired of
scrounging, I just buy clean alloy and recycle my bullet traps.

Wes
--

The only thing Obama has fixed is Carter's reputation.