brad

Default Sorry- OT Re Google Groups- WTF?

I think I will give Outlook Express a try, as you are not the first
person from whom I have heard that suggestion. I recall when I used to
be on AOL, someone on this group recommended a newsreader program
called "Free Agent." I downloaded it but could never get it to work
properly, and for me it was like a solution in search of a problem.
However, I will give Outlook Express a try.

Very kind of you to offer your help and I may take you up on it if I
am as clueless this time around as I was when I tried to use Free
Agent.

The people on this newsgroup are wonderful....

Thank you all.

Brad

"jtpr" wrote in message ...
Brad,

You should really give the newsreader in Outlook Express a try. It is very
intuitive and there is no delay like Google when posting. I use Google for
searching and Outlook for reading/posting. There are other readers out
there, but for what you are doing, Outlook Express is just fine. If you
want, please feel free to contact me via mail and I'll give you my number
and walk you through setting it up, I don't mind and would be happy to help.

--
-Jim
©¿©¬

If you want to reply by email its -- ryan at jimryan dot com
Please use BCC and lets all avoid spam
"brad" wrote in message
om...
(PC Gameplayer) wrote in message

. com...
Brad:

I think your preferences (with/without frames, plus your login
credentials) get saved in a cookie (cookies....mmmmmmmm.... (C: )...if
you periodically delete your cookies (or "toss your cookies"-HAHA!),
that could reset your privileges--or if you have your security level
set too high, IE (assuming you're using that) may prevent cookies from
being saved.

Hope this helps...
Jim

Aaaahhhhh, now I think you may be on to something here. I DO delete
cookies from time to time. I've never thought about whether the
re-appearance of frames bears any relation to having done that though.
I will see if it does.

Thank you Jim!

(brad) wrote in message
. com...
Fellow Wreckers-

I apologize for burdening you with such an OT post. I could have
spent a long time searching for and trying to figure this out on my
own. I don't have the time and I'm hoping you'll understand and be
your usual helpful selves.

I use google groups to follow this newsgroup. About half the time I
go to rec.woodworking, when I click on a topic, instead of that thread
coming up on my screen, at the first message in the thread, I instead
see two "windows." The one on the left shows the identities of the
various posters to the thread, in a list, in order. On the right panel
are the thread messages themselves. Usually the message visible in
the right panel is not the first message in the thread. To view the
thread the way I am accustomed to and more comfortable doing, I have
to: 1) scroll up the left "list" panel to the top, 2) click "no
frames," 3)then, after the view reverts to the way I'm accustomed to,
with the messages appearing full screen, I have to navigate to the
start of the thread. What a pain!

And yet, I have NO idea why this happens only some times and not
others. I haven't changed any settings (that I'm aware of), and I'm
certainly not intentionally changing any setting back and forth. Yet,
this seems to happen completely randomly.

Any clues for the clueless?

Eternally Grateful,
Brad