Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Brown[_2_] Doug Brown[_2_] is offline

Default Green Glue replaces adhesive

"Ron" wrote in message
On Jan 19, 7:42 pm, wrote:
On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 17:49:14 -0600, "Doug Brown"

wrote:
"charlie" wrote in message
Jay-T wrote:
"news.eternal-september.org" wrote in message
they have a LOT of adhesive qualities. sign people sometimes use them
stick up exterior signs. i used some to mount some glass art on
aluminium
standoffs. the glass panels weigh about 6 lbs each, mounted on 2"x3"
standoffs screwed to the wall over my fireplace.

the trick is to not use a solid layer of silicone, but to leave air
gaps.
press together, and don't touch or move the joint for at least 24
hours.
Also remember that all glass aquariums are made with nothing but glass
and
RTV quality silicone sealer/caulk.

Yeah, go ahead and use RTV silicone sealer in an aquarium. Then figure
out why all your fish are dead.

The silicone used for aquariums is SPECIALLY FORMULATED for that use.

I've built a lot of aquariums using GE clear silicone. Nothing special
about that and no, the fish didn't die.

And I've built over 100 aquaria using either an RTV silicone, GE or whatever
I could find. No fish deaths attributable to the sealer.