Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim.... tim.... is offline

Default A question for the trading plumbers, gas fitters and sparkies? OT

"michael adams" wrote in message

"Bob" wrote in message

After posting in another newsgroup I have stumbled across the
Cancellation
of Contracts made in a Consumers Home or Placer of work etc. Regulations
2008. I run a gas safe company and deal mainly with the public in their
homes, how are you guys handling these regs?

Reading them ?

They don't apply to Building Work and similar which is exempt under
schedule
3
of the regulations.

quote

SCHEDULE 3

Excepted contracts

1. A contract for the construction, sale or rental of immovable property
or a contract concerning other rights relating to immovable property other
than-

(a) a contract for the construction of extensions, patios, conservatories
or
driveways;
(b) a contract for the supply of goods and their incorporation in
immovable
property; and
(c) a contract for the repair, refurbishment or improvement of immovable
property.

(Depending upon what you meant by your post) you seem to have missed the
"other than".

Whilst contracts for complete buildings are exempt, extensions and other
improvements are not.

tim