Posted to alt.home.repair
charlie charlie is offline

Default Green Glue replaces adhesive

Jay-T wrote:
"news.eternal-september.org" wrote in message
In ,
Jay-T typed:
Oops, my mistake. The http://GreenGlueCompany.com website doesn't
seem to have any videos.

Critique, not a put-down, as I am interested in such products:

At the risk of raining on anyone's parade, I don't find much to
recommend that yet unless you happen to be the one selling it. ....
......,
If it happens to be your site, perhaps these words will have been of
some help to you. Besides the spam flames you'll also likely
receive, that isg.

Twayne

It's not my website and I don't know who the Green Glue people are.

You suggested maybe just using Silicone I or Silicone II. I don't
think they are adhesives -- I think they are 100% silicone caulk, but
have very little adhesive quality. If I thought that Silicone I or
II had good adhesive qualities I would be using it for a project I
have recently thought about doing.

they have a LOT of adhesive qualities. sign people sometimes use them to
stick up exterior signs. i used some to mount some glass art on aluminium
standoffs. the glass panels weigh about 6 lbs each, mounted on 2"x3"
standoffs screwed to the wall over my fireplace.

the trick is to not use a solid layer of silicone, but to leave air gaps.
press together, and don't touch or move the joint for at least 24 hours.