Posted to uk.d-i-y
YAPH YAPH is offline

Default A question for the trading plumbers, gas fitters and sparkies?OT

On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 16:10:10 +0000, Bob wrote:

After posting in another newsgroup I have stumbled across the Cancellation
of Contracts made in a Consumers Home or Placer of work etc. Regulations
2008. I run a gas safe company and deal mainly with the public in their
homes, how are you guys handling these regs?

I've recently incorporated it in the boilerplate of my quotes and
estimates, but I really need to print off some forms to give to people and
get them to sign when I go round to do work for them.

Fortunately in the one instance where it could have been an issue - a
customer who refused to pay me more than a pittance for replacing a hot
water cylinder which split when I was trying to replace the immersion -
evidently neither the customer not Trading Standards (who they complained
to) had heard of it, or I'd have been scuppered. (Instead I got my payment
through Small Claims.)

--
John Stumbles -- http://yaph.co.uk

Life is nature's way of keeping meat fresh