Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Dingley Andy Dingley is offline

Default Is there a modern alternative to Araldite?

On 19 Jan, 12:50, jkn wrote:

Hmm - I'm no great fan of Araldite rapid, but it will also set quicker
when heated.

Too much risk of over-doing it and having it fail altogether, IMHO.

I did this very thing over the weekend, and it set
'strong' within a minute or two. I've never had the 'slow' Araldite
set so quickly.

It'll set while you're stirring it, if you over do it.

I use an adjustable lab stirrer hotplate, with a disposable aluminium
mince pie dish on top. You can use a kitchen electric stove instead,
but keep it low. If it discolours, smells, fumes, turns "gritty" or
indeed sets solid, you've overdone it.