Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Need Help With TV

wrote in message

And you think you can fix it?

Trying to fix something is better than slingin insults, which isn't all
that
productive, yeah?

Ignore their insults. You may be able to fix it. It could be a
learning experience, good or bad. You'll never know until you
try.

Some seem to forget how they gained their knowledge in the first
place, and now that they have that knowledge they discourage
others from taking the same path they did.

That's not really the case. I, for one, actively encourage people to 'have a
go' with help from those of us who *do* have the knowledge, but by the same
token, we have to be realistic in evaluating the poster's current level of
expertise, to see if what they have is appropriate for the type of repair
they are trying to undertake. TV sets are potentially *very* dangerous, and
it would be irresponsible of us to actively encourage someone who we felt
might endanger themselves (or others) by 'having a go'. It's called "making
a judgement call", and I have not seen any comments in this thread that are
anything much more than that. For sure, some replies are couched in less
than 'gentle' terms, but with usenet newsgroups, that's pretty much the
nature of the beast ...

Arfa