Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Buerste Buerste is offline

Default No new lathe for me!

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 21:15:12 -0500, "Buerste"
wrote:

I still haven't moved out my oldest lathe but it's been decided not to
replace it. Bummer! We just can't justify another lathe as much as I
would
love a gleaming, high-precision iron masterpiece with all the
'kootermints.
I have a Reed-Prentice that is a sweetie and can do everything we need and
more. The floorspace where the old lathe is will be used for a new die
work
table and a pedestal brush/felt wheel.

But...but...but I thought you were the Boss?

Gunner

I can't justify it to myself either.

Just finished casting 15 pounds of 148gr DEWC in less than an hour and not a
single bad one! Those 6-pack Lee moulds work GREAT! I'll start loading
them with 700X and work a new load for my S&W 19 starting at 2.5gr to 3.6
never exceed. Do you have any other data on 700X? I can't find a 9mm 124gr
SWC load using 700X.