Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair
Home Guy Home Guy is offline

Default Any kits to retrofit a faucet to electronic touch control?

I can't believe the numb nuts around here.

wrote:

That is completely retarded. People lean their forearms on the
edge of the sink while washing dishes.

Maybe short people do. Short people who have metal-edged counter tops I
guess. Look - clearly if extending the touch-active surface to the sink
itself is problematic, then don't do it. That still leaves the spout
and the faucet control as the touch surface.

I highly doubt that that someone has the dexterity with their
feet to be able to modulate the hot and cold pedals with enough
precision to give them the desired water temperature.

If they don't have the dexterity to do that, then they don't have
the dexterity to stand. Foot pedal controls have been used in
commercial kitchens for decades.

And hospitals, prisons, nursing homes. And that's where they'll stay.

Touch-control faucets are a GIMMICK, nothing more. They offer
nothing but a way to separate more money from your wallet.

At a cost of a few hundred dollars minimum, and require additional
carpentry work to install, foot pedals are more expensive. And I still
say that they are more cumbersome to use. You want the water to keep
flowing? Keep your foot on the pedal. You want to walk away and keep
the water flowing? Sorry, can't do it.

Many homes have automatic dish washers these days, and those
that don't probably can't afford a fancy $350 touch control
faucet anyway.

Have you seen the prices for kitchen faucets with built-in pull-down
heads? And you can get this one with touch-control for $320 at home
depot?

You must own a foot-pedal store to be so passionate about this.