Posted to alt.home.repair
Jay-T[_5_] Jay-T[_5_] is offline

Default Green Glue replaces adhesive

"news.eternal-september.org" wrote in message
In ,
Jay-T typed:
Oops, my mistake. The http://GreenGlueCompany.com website doesn't
seem to have any videos.

Critique, not a put-down, as I am interested in such products:

At the risk of raining on anyone's parade, I don't find much to recommend
that yet unless you happen to be the one selling it. ....
......,
If it happens to be your site, perhaps these words will have been of some
help to you. Besides the spam flames you'll also likely receive, that
isg.

Twayne

It's not my website and I don't know who the Green Glue people are.

You suggested maybe just using Silicone I or Silicone II. I don't think
they are adhesives -- I think they are 100% silicone caulk, but have very
little adhesive quality. If I thought that Silicone I or II had good
adhesive qualities I would be using it for a project I have recently thought
about doing.

I found the Green Glue website and YouTube videos when I was recently
looking into the idea of attaching sheets of drywall to a party wall between
two houses to try to reduce the transmission of sound between the two
dwelling units. I haven't tried it, and it is expensive -- about 5 times
the cost of 100% silicone caulk (I or II).

I only posted what I did in response to the OP's question which was the
following:

"Am I correct in thinking that if I use Green Glue between two sheets it
also acts as an adhesive and that I should not use the conventional
adhesive."