Posted to alt.home.repair
Ken Ken is offline

Default air compressor regulators

On Jan 17, 11:45*am, Tony wrote:
rb wrote:
"do you have a pressure gauge before and after the regulator?"

No. * That's why I was asking this question. * I think if I use an open
line, it will shut itself off if I crank it hard enough.....

I'd get some gauges. *For some reason saying "if I crank it hard
enough....." doesn't sound like a good way to take care of your
regulator. *Get some gauges.

I've tested the regulator on my compressor with bike tires. The tires
on the bikes in the garage range from 40 PSI to 120 PSI. I set the
reg to the desired pressure, pump up a bike tire, then measure the
bike tire with a tire gauge. At least lets me kow if the regulator
matches the tire gauge. Although I don't know for a fact if either
one is actually accurate or not.

Ken