Posted to alt.home.repair
rb rb is offline

Default air compressor regulators

Trying to figure out if my regulator works or not.

Posted to alt.home.repair

rb wrote:
Trying to figure out if my regulator works or not.

OK, do you have a pressure gauge before and after the regulator?
Posted to alt.home.repair
rb rb is offline

"do you have a pressure gauge before and after the regulator?"

No. That's why I was asking this question. I think if I use an open
line, it will shut itself off if I crank it hard enough.....

Posted to alt.home.repair

rb wrote:
"do you have a pressure gauge before and after the regulator?"

No. That's why I was asking this question. I think if I use an open
line, it will shut itself off if I crank it hard enough.....

I'd get some gauges. For some reason saying "if I crank it hard
enough....." doesn't sound like a good way to take care of your
regulator. Get some gauges.
Posted to alt.home.repair

rb wrote:
"do you have a pressure gauge before and after the regulator?"

No. That's why I was asking this question. I think if I use an
open line, it will shut itself off if I crank it hard enough.....

Without a guage, how are you going to tell when it's right?

If the regulator is just tightened a little, the air pressure should be low. Use
your air nozzle - it should have a weak jet of air. Turn it up, it should have
a strong jet of air. Open hose settings are meaningless. If you are going from
high to low settings, the hose pressure may stay high until you've let out some
air.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Bob F wrote:
rb wrote:
"do you have a pressure gauge before and after the regulator?"

No. That's why I was asking this question. I think if I use an
open line, it will shut itself off if I crank it hard enough.....

Without a guage, how are you going to tell when it's right?

I think he is trained to put his thumb over a cut air hose and measure
the pressure. He don't need no stinken' gauges. Just crank that thing
as hard as you can. That's the way to test it.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Ken Ken is offline

On Jan 17, 11:45*am, Tony wrote:
rb wrote:
"do you have a pressure gauge before and after the regulator?"

No. * That's why I was asking this question. * I think if I use an open
line, it will shut itself off if I crank it hard enough.....

I'd get some gauges. *For some reason saying "if I crank it hard
enough....." doesn't sound like a good way to take care of your
regulator. *Get some gauges.

I've tested the regulator on my compressor with bike tires. The tires
on the bikes in the garage range from 40 PSI to 120 PSI. I set the
reg to the desired pressure, pump up a bike tire, then measure the
bike tire with a tire gauge. At least lets me kow if the regulator
matches the tire gauge. Although I don't know for a fact if either
one is actually accurate or not.

Ken