Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default air compressor regulators

rb wrote:
"do you have a pressure gauge before and after the regulator?"

No. That's why I was asking this question. I think if I use an
open line, it will shut itself off if I crank it hard enough.....

Without a guage, how are you going to tell when it's right?

If the regulator is just tightened a little, the air pressure should be low. Use
your air nozzle - it should have a weak jet of air. Turn it up, it should have
a strong jet of air. Open hose settings are meaningless. If you are going from
high to low settings, the hose pressure may stay high until you've let out some
air.