Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Alex Thomm Alex Thomm is offline

Default Need Help With TV

In article ,
says...

On Jan 17, 2:47=A0pm, AZ Nomad wrote:
On 17 Jan 2010 11:13:10 -0800, Alex Thomm wrote=

:

In article , AZ=

Nomad
says...

On 17 Jan 2010 10:24:53 -0800, Alex Thomm wro=

te:
In article , =

AZ Nomad
says...

On 17 Jan 2010 09:34:29 -0800, Alex Thomm w=

rote:
In article , Alex Thomm says...

I have a Philips TV model 32MF505W/17 =A0

Actually, it's a 32MF605W/17

Are the sound line outputs also dead? =A0If not, you can run them to =

pair of amplified speakers.

I'm not knowlegable enough to know if the line outputs are dead or not=

. =A0Is
there an easy way to find this out?

Connect a pair of computer speakers, or run them to an aux input on a
stereo.
My computer speakers have a different connection. =A0I don't have a ster=

eo on hand
with an aux input. =A0Thanks for the suggestions. =A0I'll see what I can=

dig up to
test this out.

Getting a rca to stereo miniplug adapter is trivial. =A0Any target,
walmart, radio shack will have them. =A0Even a well stocked truck stop
will have one.

With all due respect, and I mean this in the most gentle way, if you
don't know how to verify if you have a line output, how do you think
you're going to troubleshoot an electronic circuit?

With patience. I was a bit dense at first but I understand now. Thanks to all
for the help.