Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bolted[_3_] Bolted[_3_] is offline

Default Is there a modern alternative to Araldite?

On 17 Jan, 20:26, "The Medway Handyman" davidl...@no-spam-
blueyonder.co.uk wrote:

On a similar subject, anyone know how grab adhesives work? *Some of the
newer ones like 'Serious Stuff' etc are simply incredible.

The newer really impressive ones are MS Polymer (MS = modified silane,
and they are mostly polyurethanes).

I'm no chemist (hence reliance on wikipedia) but this gives some info

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-assembled_monolayer

On the general subject, the structural methacrylate glues are pretty
amazing, I called some industrial glue suppliers to get
recommendations about what glue to use for some stainless steel plates
- was expecting the answer to be ms polymer or possibly epoxy, but
they came back with these http://www.holdtite.com/shop/ProductList.aspx?cId=94.
Amazing stuff, like a pumped up holt melt on steroids (with a little
more open time).