Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jules[_2_] Jules[_2_] is offline

Default Is there a modern alternative to Araldite?

On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 18:28:02 +0000, Steve wrote:

I've used Araldite for 40 years or more on all kinds of diy repairs and
I've found it pretty good at sticking hard stuff to many other types of
hard stuff.

Has the formula changed over the years (possibly as various chemicals /
substances have fallen foul of various laws)? I remember it being pretty
good when I was a kid, but when I used some a few years ago (mixing
carefully according to directions) it didn't seem nearly as strong. Maybe
it was just the things I happened to be gluing, but it seemed consistently
weak on all of them.

(I'm not sure it even exists on this side of the Atlantic)

cheers

Jules