Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] upscale@teksavvy.com is offline

Default 3/4" slot in plywood -- route or dado?

On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 14:26:30 -0600, "Leon"
wrote:

After working with probably 50 sheets of cabinet grade 3/4" plywood in the
last few years, specifically Oak veneer plywood, I can tell you that 3/4"
cabinet grade plywood is not 3/4" thick. It is very close to 23/32" as
witnessed by my tape measure just now. At least in Texas it is that way
and had been for years.

I haven't used 50 sheets of plywood in these last years, but I can
tell you that's it's been well over 30 years since I've actually seen
plywood that's exactly 3/4" thick. Between imperial and metric
measurements, plywood in Canada has been every conceivable thickness
except 3/4".