Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.dbs.directv
Dr. Personality Dr. Personality is offline

Default Digital TV

In article , Tony Hwang
wrote:

A Watcher wrote:
mm wrote:
On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 22:56:01 -0800, "DGDevin"
wrote:

"Raymond Feist" wrote in message

Robert A. Heinlein from Napoleon's, "Never attribute to malice what can
be satisfactorily explained by incompetence."
That's better, I knew the version I had seen had "incompetence" in
there.

1) Is there anything that happens today which doesn't instantly
generate a conspiracy theory to explain it?

2) How does anyone find enough programming worthwhile enough to care
about reception quality? If I were only able to watch a few hours of
TV a week that would probably be fine, just so long as This Old House
and a couple of other shows were on the list. Most of the rest lives
up to the old "vast wasteland" description the chairman of the FCC
used so appropriately in 1961.
I remember 1961 and tv was a lot better then.

It was a bit more intelligent and polite then. We also were not so
particular.

Hi,
With political correctness, everything started going for the worse.
I watch TV for some games or news. Barely an hour a day. I'd rather
read good books.

TV was all about "political correctness" in 1961. It's just that the
people you agree with were deciding what was and wasn't PC.