Posted to rec.woodworking

Default vises

On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 22:48:38 -0500, "Bill"
wrote:

I just posted a thread called "vices" (misspelled) to r.b.p.w that has a
picture containing at least 5 vises.

I would appreciate if you may be able to identify them or comment on whether
they may be worth owning or not. To this point, I have been considering
Rockler's 9" quick-release vise for a front vise.

Thank you,
Bill

The Rockler 9" looks similar to my Record (Made in England). These
vises are heavy so think about how it will be mounted. Avoid cast
parts made in China. Where the Rockler vise is made?