Posted to uk.d-i-y
Gib Bogle[_2_] Gib Bogle[_2_] is offline

Default Is there a modern alternative to Araldite?

Steve wrote:
I've used Araldite for 40 years or more on all kinds of diy repairs and
I've found it pretty good at sticking hard stuff to many other types of
hard stuff. I've nearly run out and need to get some more but it occurs
to me that adhesives might well have moved on in 40 years without me
noticing.

Are there better adhesives out there these days?

There are some situations where epoxy is not the easiest or most suitable.
Where some gap-filling is needed, where large amounts of adhesive will have a
tendency to flow away from where it's wanted, and where some strength reduction
is acceptable, the polyurethane in a cartridge is very useful, e.g. Selleys
Liquid Nails. I was sceptical at first, but now I'm frequently finding uses for it.