Posted to uk.d-i-y
Usenet Nutter Usenet Nutter is offline

Default Is there a modern alternative to Araldite?

On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 00:15:33 -0000, "Roger Mills"

Usenet Nutter wrote:

On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 22:13:17 -0000, "Roger Mills"
wrote:

I've recently discovered BondLoc - having watched a bedroom fitter
use it for sticking plinths on bedroom furniture.

It comes in two containers - an aerosol containing an activator, and
a small bottle with a nozzle (bit like super glue) containing the
adhesive. You spray one surface with the activator and let it dry
(almost instant), spread adhesive from the nozzle on the other
surface - and then press them together. You've got a rock solid bond
in about 10 seconds.

That sounds like the stuff DG fitters used when they installed my
windows the other day

What did it look like? This is what I bought:
http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Adhe.../sd2340/p47409

I didn't get a close look at it Roger and I'm not sure what they
actually used it for ...at first I thought they were just using Super
Glue because of the type of bottle but then heard one asking for the
spray and saw him using the spray then the "glue" I see that stuff
can be used on PCV-u or (UPVC if you prefer) .