Posted to rec.woodworking
Kevin Kevin is offline

Default Review of the Dust Deputy Cyclone

On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 00:44:44 -0600, "Leon"
wrote:

"Kevin" wrote in message

I clean the HEPA filter in the Fein every 3 months or so. Without the
cyclone it would be at least every week.

I have a Festool with dual HEPA filters and I have always used it with a
bag. I do not use a cyclone or other container to catch the debris. The
vac gets it all. I use the vac with my sanders and Domino 95% of the time
and have been using it for almost 3 years. I have yet to clean or even see
any dust on the HEPA filters. Are you using a bag with your Fein or have
you considered doing that along with the cyclone to preserve the HEPA
filters? Also in my case the bags don't seem to cut down on the flow until
they are absolutely "packed" full of debris. Oddly enough I have sanded 3
kitchens plus all of my new bedroom furniture plus numerous other projects
and cut in excess of 2000 mortises with my Domino and I am still only
working on my second 22 liter bag. I checked the bag yesterday and it is
about 25% filled.

I don't use the Fein filters, I use one from Gore which is quite
affordable and well made. That was one of my reasons for going with
the Fein, a source for inexpensive filters. I'm not sure if the Fein
bags would work with it but I guess they are cheap enough it would be
worth trying. The saws and router table are where most of the debris
is coming from but most of that doesn't make it to the filter.

-Kevin