Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Is there a modern alternative to Araldite?

Steve wrote:
I've used Araldite for 40 years or more on all kinds of diy repairs and
I've found it pretty good at sticking hard stuff to many other types of
hard stuff. I've nearly run out and need to get some more but it occurs
to me that adhesives might well have moved on in 40 years without me
noticing.

Are there better adhesives out there these days?

epoxy adhesive comes in a huge range of formulations depending ion what
you want to bond, and whet conditions you are exposing the subsequent
joint to.

Araldite is probably the worst of all possible formulations. or was. I
use 'model shop' epoxies. Mainly 5 minute stuff and stove it in the Aga
at about 100C for best results.