Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_6_] Leon[_6_] is offline

Default vises

"Bill" wrote in message

I just posted a thread called "vices" (misspelled) to r.b.p.w that has a
picture containing at least 5 vises.

I would appreciate if you may be able to identify them or comment on
whether they may be worth owning or not. To this point, I have been
considering Rockler's 9" quick-release vise for a front vise.

Thank you,
Bill

For 30 years I have doing with out a permanent vise. I recall way back in
school the vises on the work benches having a wooden handle and something
like a 1/8 turn counter clockwise would release tension and allow forward
and backward movement without turning the handle. Closing the vise against
an object and turning the handle clockwise would reengage the handle and the
handle would again tighten. The vise also had a dog that would slide up.
That is what I would like to have now.