Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
TWW TWW is offline

Default caring for buffed bowls

A few weeks back I asked the group about tung oil and buffing in cold
climate. Since it was cold I decided to wait until it warmed up so
buffed an oak bowl with no tung or Danish oil on it and gave it to
someone who loved it. When I saw her a couple of weeks later she
asked me if she should put mineral oil on it after a while like I had
told her to do with some other bowls.

I was not sure if she should put anything on it but told her I would
ask this group since you guys usually know more than I do. My
thought was mineral oil might raise the grain in the wood if it got
through the thin wax coating I put on with the buffing wheel and it
would shine less. Anyone have any experience with caring for buffed
bowls they want to pass along? Thanks.