Posted to rec.woodworking
Chris Friesen Chris Friesen is offline

Default Review of the Dust Deputy Cyclone

On 01/15/2010 12:51 PM, charlie wrote:
GarageWoodworks wrote:
I recently reviewed the Dust Deputy DIY (Cyclone Only) and was very
pleased with the results. For those of you (like me) with a small
shop that relies on a shop-vac for saw dust clean-up and extraction
this thing is a must.

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/Dust_Deputy.php

NO AFFILIATION YADA YADA YADA!! Just a very happy end-user.

Brian
www.garagewoodworks.com

do you think would this work for micron or submicron particles? i've been
looking for something like this for my sandblaster.

I'm sure it would help. Exactly how much is tough to say.

ClearVue had what I consider a better design in their CV06, based on
Bill Pentz's improvements to give better separation and reduced resistance.

However, Oneida took out a patent on the design and forced them to stop
selling it (even though the design was public well before Oneida
patented it). Anyways, they still sell the conversion lid, which is
arguably the slickest solution for portable shopvac use though it does
require a particular shopvac.

http://www.clearvuecyclones.com/Ridgid_Conversion.htm

Chris