Posted to rec.woodworking
charlie charlie is offline

Default O/T: Abby Sunderland

wrote:
On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 11:22:05 -0700, "charlie"
Insurance companies don't insure based on individuals. They assign you
to a group. They don't give a crap about you on a personal level.

There won't be insurance stats on circumnavigators, because 1.) There
are so few circumnavigators, and, 2.) Ocean sailors mostly don't have
insurance.

exactly. bringing us back to the OP question:

Has anyone figured out what the differences in risks are between:
A) Walking home from work in a large/medium/small/rural city.
and
B) Circumnavigating the globe at age 16?

I don't have time for the search, but I hope someone does and
gives us the stats.

my point being, as a group, the 2 aren't comparable. one, or both, as you
state, may not even be obtainable.