Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: Abby Sunderland

On Jan 14, 10:41 pm, Larry Jaques
wrote:

With driver training, many states allow that. consider that many girls
her age are also having sex and smoking for years. Kids grow up far
earlier these days in the constantly-connected age.

Your comments make me feel really disconnected to the group society.
I had no idea that driving with a supervising adult in the car was an
indication of maturity.

If you further think that screwing, smoking and texting are any sign
of maturity, development of good judgment, I will have to confess I
don't get that at all. Those are things monkeys can do. I never
equated hedonistic pleasure to maturity, but it isn't up to me to set
standards for you.

(BTW - you would think I am a genius using those parameters! Well...
not so much any more, but 25 - 30 years ago you would have been
impressed.)

Have you ever heard of a girl being raped, drowning, or getting
crushed in a car wreck in the same neighborhood you live? Live is
dangerous _everywhere_, Robert. Acknowledge it!

Why no, Larry. I live in a city where the streets are made of
chocolate, we grow candy canes in our front yards, no one ever ages
past 30, and when it feels like the sun is shining, it is actually
just a warm group feeling of good will that spreads over the
neighborhood in a blanket of comfort and security.

Your hyperbole is dismissive and stupid.

I see you don't understand the difference between being in harm's way,
or putting yourself in harm's way.

Sometimes these threads have a way of sorting themselves out. And
when I see an arrogant scolding from someone that comes off as a
sanctimonious, proselytizing know-it-all that doesn't even know me, I
know it is indeed time to move on.

Continue the chest thumping.

Robert