Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_6_] Leon[_6_] is offline

Default O/T: Abby Sunderland

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message

Has anyone figured out what the differences in risks are between:
A) Walking home from work in a large/medium/small/rural city.
and
B) Circumnavigating the globe at age 16?

I don't believe the risks are so much the problem here as are how to get out
of a problem should you get into one.

Walk home, get mugged, get hit by a car, you have a reasonably good chance
of being seen and taken to a hospital should you survive...

Sail around the world, sink your boat in the middle of nowhere and then
what?

Risk is not so much the problem as is correcting the damage should a problem
happen.

I don't have time for the search, but I hope someone does and gives us
the stats.

--
The greatest fine art of the future will be the making
of a comfortable living from a small piece of land.