Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
William Wixon William Wixon is offline

Default mostly OT, tire alien "please don't litter" sign/sculpture

well, so, it's not like some high tech CAM produced piece of aerospace
hardware, but it's my little project that involved a small amount of
welding. and i'm proud of it. i think it came out ok. i think it's cute
and funny.

http://www.frontiernet.net/~wwixon/tirealien.jpg

i "adopted" a road near me. we do a litter pick up day in april. some
toothless inbred redneck threw 5 tires along our road. i was at a loss as
to what to do with them. wanted to make lemonade out of lemons. came up
with this "tire alien sculpture sign thingy". i used two recycled compact
discs for his wind activated "antenna" spinner thing. i originally had the
tires alternating black/white but the word "litter" was being partially
obscured so i changed it to a large-to-small arrangement, which changed the
wording and the black/white alternating. i thought instead of "please don't
litter", "litter please don't" was kinda in keeping with the alien theme,
sounds kinda yoda-ese.

b.w.