Posted to alt.home.repair
AZ Nomad[_2_] AZ Nomad[_2_] is offline

Default Stolen trashcan

On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 18:09:00 -0500, aemeijers wrote:
Oren wrote:
(snip)

I will be scouting the neighborhood so have your receipts ready
people.

Unless you have a badge and a warrant, the only answer you are likely to
get is 'kiss my ass', punctuated by the door hitting you in the face.
I certainly wouldn't show receipts to some random soul on my doorstep.
If they think I have something of theirs, call a cop.

Now having said that, if one blew into my yard, I may knock on a few
nearby doors and ask if they are missing one, or stake it down in my
front yard with a 'found' sign on it....

Garbage men probably tossed it in retaliation from being mouthed off at.